Easton S3 Youth Bat
The 2016 Easton S3 is a great bat for lighter hitters looking to add some speed to their swing. It’s the third and final installment of the Speed (S) series by Easton and one of the hottest youth bats in the market.
So what makes this one different from the other two? Well, the S1 is a two piece composite bat, and the S2 is a hybrid two piece bat (composite / aluminum) and the S3 is a one piece aluminum bat.
How does this affect performance?
The S1 is more geared towards power, and the connexion piece in the center of the bat also helps in hitting for power by eliminating feedback and aiding in energy management within the barrel.
The S2 is for those who prefer a composite handle which dampens sting, but instead like the performance of an alloy barrel which strengthens with every swing and also needs no breaking into.
The S3 is for those who are seeking greater bat speed, and prefer a one piece aluminum bat. This one tends to be preferred by lighter hitters as the design of the bat compliments a player’s swing speed.
Easton S3 Bat Technology
- One Piece Aluminum Construction
- The One Piece Alloy Construction aids players in maintain a low M.O.I and greater bat speed through the hitting zone.
- This allows the balance point of the bat to stay centered as opposed to a bat with a larger barrel that also sports an end-load.
- Hyperlite Matrix Alloy Barrel
- Strengthens with every swing, comes out already stiff and hot right out of the wrapper for some game action.
- I personally love alloy barrels, they have a distinct sounds as well.
- 2 1/4″ Barrel Diameter
- USSSA 1.15 BPF Certified
- Utra Thin 29/32″ Handle
- 1.2 MM HyperSkin™ Grip
Overall, this is the go-to bat if your kid is looking to add some more bat speed to their swing. The one piece aluminum bats are by far my personal favorites.
I tend to perform better in terms of contact and hitting, although I don’t overpower baseballs over the fence (neither do I seek to), I make much more solid contact very often. I feel this bat will help achieve just that with anyone who uses it.