Marucci Cat 6 -5
We’ve covered the Marucci Hex as well but here we’re going to be discussing mainly the differences between the two. Albeit, the biggest differentiation between the two is that the CAT 6 doesn’t come in the weight / length variations that the Hex does.
Either way, this bat is a one piece alloy construction, is USSSA 1.15 BPF Certified, and features a 2 5/8″ barrel.
But without any further ado – let’s get right into the bat specs.
Marucci CAT 6 Bat Technology
- One-Piece Alloy Construction
- The One Piece Alloy Construction is designed for a quicker bat speed with low M.O.I that allows players to exert greater control over the barrel of the bat.
- As such, players can make solid contact more often with relative ease as opposed to using a bat with a higher M.O.I. (i.e bats with an end-load) that would otherwise hinder their ability to make contact.
- Professionally-Inspired Extended Barrel Profile
- The Barrel of this bat closely resembles that of the bats used by big leaguers in order to give players a better chance at transitioning from Youth / BBCOR Bats to wood bats later on in their careers.
- Marucci is the only bat manufacturer that does this and is a big reason behind their success and that of their customers.
- Ring-free Barrel Technology
- Through thickened barrel-end walls, Marucci is able to forgo the use of rings within their barrels and instead optimize the strength of the bat for balance and power.
- This type of technology is unique to Marucci.
- Patented anti-vibration knob
- The anti-vibration knob virtually eliminates all feedback from the back and gives players greater comfort and feel.
- This adds to their confidence at the plate so they can attack the ball aggressively without having to think about their hands getting shaken up by a mishit ball.
- Immense mental edge over the pitch.
I’d highly recommend it for lighter hitters at the top of the lineup looking to maximize their hitting potential as opposed to over-powering the ball over the fence.