Easton Mako XL -5
The Mako series is known for having an enlarged barrel (when compared to other bats in the industry), now on top of that add the extra-long barrel design from the XL and you get a disgustingly powerful bat.
This is specifically designed for power hitters to gain more plate coverage, power and pop in their swing. Everything they need. At this point, Easton is just stacking unfair advantages until the Mako becomes an overwhelming advantage over hitters.
This is only one benefit among the slew of features this bat has.
Here you can find the eBay Listing w/ Best Price with the best pricing option on the ‘net.
But without further ado, let’s get into some of the specs.
Easton Mako XL Bat Technology
- Thermo Composite Technology
- The TCT™ Barrel Technology makes for an extremely hot barrel, the Mako has become one of the most popular bats due to its ability to produce massive pop at the plate.
- It also aids in maintaining the bat speed relatively high despite having a massive sweet spot and plate coverage which is great for going yard.
- Extra Long Barrel Design
- As mentioned before, an XL barrel for incredible plate coverage, make solid contact more often and focus on hitting the ball hard. The XL aids in enhancing the sweet spot and giving players a little bigger margin of error to make solid contact.
- ConneXion Piece
- The CXN Piece eliminates vibration from the equation and improves comfort and feel massively.
- This gives players the much appreciated confidence to swing at the ball hard with no fear of getting their hands stung by a mishit pitch. And trust me, I’ve had those before.
- Ultra-Thin Handle
- The ultra thin composite handle allows players to grip the bat strongly by allowing them to wrap their knuckles around the bat easier. This is a plus for smaller hitters that don’t have long fingers.
- HyperSkin™ Grip
- The Hyperskin Grip for great comfort and feel. Works in conjunction with the handle to allow players to exert greater force, speed and control over their swing.
- 2 5/8″ Barrel
- USSSA 1.15 BPF Certified
Overall, this is a power hitter’s bat through and through. The enhanced sweet spot, extra-long barrel, incredibly hot composite construction and the sting dampening connective piece – it’s a perfect recipe for an aggressive power swing.
Great for those who are willing to take their baseball careers seriously and elevate their game to the next elevate.
Warning: can be pricey.