The DeMarini CF7 senior league bat is one of the strongest and most powerful swings in the game. The CF series by DeMarini is categorized by their power hitting prowess and their ability to produce enormous energy at the plate.
This bat is best suited for players looking for extra distance and pop.
Not only is it one of the strongest barrels in the market as of today, but it also maintains a relatively low swing weight index as per industry standards. DeMarini’s groundbreaking technology allows them to forgo the use of an end-load in this bat and thus keeps the bat speed high without compromising power.
Without further ado, let’s get into the bat specs.
DeMarini CF7 Bat Technology
- Paradox Plus Composite Barrel
- The Paradox+ Technology gives players an incredibly powerful and one of the strongest and most responsive barrels in the game.
- Also – I forgot to mention this was a two piece composite bat.
- The Paradox+ found in most DeMarini composite bats produce a trampoline effect at contact which sends baseballs screaming all over the field.
- This is one of the most innovative materials using in the market today.
- D-Fusion FT Handle
- The Flame Tempered Fusion Handle which is used by DeMarini eliminates lots of bat sting that would otherwise create significant comfort to players and instead utilizes that energy to direct it back into the baseball.
- The way this is done is by the fusing the handle and the barrel together through their FT technology. Most other companies utilizes connective pieces that try to simulate this kind of effect.
- Low Pro End Cap
- A dual density end cap aimed to create a smoother and more balanced swing.
- This adds to the bat speed of the bat by keeping the gravity center at the middle and leveraging the moment-of-inertia to create blazing bat speed through the hitting zone.
- RCK Knob
- The RCK Knob by DeMarini is shaped in a form that fits the human hand most comfortably out of all the other companies. This is great for comfort and feel which is amplified by the removal of bat sting and the end cap of the bat.
Overall, a great power hitter’s bat. Allows players to attack the ball assertively while removing doubts of bat sting and vibration. Especially suited for bigger power hitters as opposed to the contact / top of the lineup type players looking for contact and plate coverage.
The DeMarini CF8 is the latest installment of the CF series by DeMarini. It was preceded by the 2015 CF7 which was a major success in the market.
There are a few major differences between the three of them, and also between the Voodoo and this bat.
For one, the Voodoo is characterized by its hybrid construction. It’s constituted by an alloy barrel and and a composite handle, whereas the CF is fully composite.
In terms of pop, I’d say the CF beats out the Voodoo in that department – however, some folks prefer an alloy barrel over a composite one. I’m a huge fan of alloy bats, so I’d be the type go with the Voodoo.
The biggest difference between the Mako XL and the CF8 is the barrel design. The Mako series already has an enlarged barrel, now add on top of that the extra-long design of the XL and you get tons of plate coverage with a slightly bigger margin of error for producing hard solid contact.
The Prime 916 and the CF8 also have their slight differences, but slightly it comes down to power and player preference.
DeMarini CF8 Bat Technology
- Paradox +Plus Composite
- The Paradox+ creates for an incredibly hot barrel, not much has changed since the CF7.
- It still produces massive energy at the plate in conjunction with a trampoline effect that shoots baseballs into the stratosphere.
- One of the major components behind the success of the CF.
- Hot, High Strength Carbon Fiber Barrel
- This is new to the CF8. Aims to increase speed and balance through the hitting zone giving players a greater chance at making hard contact more often.
- ThermoFused Taper
- Improved technology for reducing and eliminating vibration and sting at the plate. Greatly improves comfort and feel for players.
- D-Fusion 2.0 Handle
- The 2nd installment and a significant improvement from last year’s composite handle. Great for comfort, feel and balance. Not much has changed except slight improvements in the technology used.
- Low Pro End Cap
- Again, not much has changed from last year. Still produces a smooth and balanced swing through the hitting zone while allowing the players to stay on a power position for a longer period of time.
The CF8 has quickly classified itself as one of the most powerful bats in the industry and it’s easy to see why. DeMarini has been known for producing incredibly hot sticks and this one is not an exception.
Great for power hitters looking to elevate their game and for those who take their baseball careers seriously.
It’s competing against the DeMarini CF8 and the Easton Mako XL which are tough rivals to go up against. In the College World Series, Slugger outshone everybody else by being the bat with which most homers were hit.
I’ll lay out the differences here:
The Select 716 is a two piece hybrid construction bat, whereas the the Prime 916 is a two piece fully composite bat. The Prime is built for for maximum power and optimal pop. The Select is also built for power but with a touch of bat speed as well. The alloy barrel is also preferred by some folks, but they wouldn’t necessarily like swinging a lighter bat such as the Omaha.
It’s most similar to the Voodoo series by DeMarini.
Louisville Slugger Prime 916 Bat Technology
- Fuse Carbon Structure Composite Design
- The FCS Composite material used for this bat is responsible for much of the power and pop it generates at the plate.
- The barrel of this bat creates a trampoline effect at the point of contact that sends baseballs screaming all over the outfield with tremendous exit speed.
- TRU3 Explosive Power Transfer
- The TRU3 Transfer virtually eliminates all bat sting and vibration so players can enjoy a more comfortable hitting experience at the plate.
- It does this by maintaining energy concentrated in the barrel of the bat where it belongs and ultimately directing it right into the ball at contact.
- This is a very explosive technology and responsible for launching balls over the fence at Omaha.
- Lizards Skins™ Grip
- One of the most comfortable grips in the market, the Lizards Skin grip has been popularized and heavily used by Major League ballplayers such as Big Papi.
Overall, this is a great bat for power hitters looking to launch some baseballs this season. It’s not really suited for smaller / lighter hitters who are looking for more contact and bat speed.
Can’t go wrong with this bat.
Here’s our website’s collection of Louisville Slugger bats. As time goes on, we’ll keep adding more and more bbcor bats. If you have any specific requests / suggestions, please do get in touch with us.