Louisville Slugger Prime 916
There were some slight improvements since the Prime 915 but some things remain constant such as the balanced weight. However, one of the major changes this bat went through for 2016 is inside the barrel.
The 916 now features thinner walls but a larger barrel size, this provides a lighter and more balanced swing weight while allowing hitters to exert maximum bat speed and power through the zone.
This bat differs from the Louisville Slugger Select 716 in that it’s designed to be better suited for players who tend to have more power hitting tendencies.
There’s also the swift one-piece construction Omaha 516 within Louisville Slugger’s 2016 line-up, but that’s a story for a different day.
Louisville Slugger Prime 916 Bat Technology
- TRU3 Connective Piece
- This piece of technology is aimed to reduce or virtually eliminate bat sting from mishit balls or feedback and re-direct that energy back into the barrel to allow for more explosive energy at contact.
- It’s also one of the main driving factors behind the balanced weight despite the bat featuring a larger barrel size.
- Lizard’s Skin Grip
- Some major league baseball players are noted for their heavy use of this technology.
- The Lizard Skin grip provides comfort and allows players to assertively grip the bat which can not only speed up the swing through the hitting zone but also provide a more compact power-position at the point of contact.
- Fuse Carbon Structure
- The bat is of a full 2-piece composite design featuring the Fuse Carbon Structure, proprietary of Louisville Slugger.
Overall, this is going to be one of the most popular bats this year, if it already isn’t. The Prime Series have been on top of the game for a long time, going up against the most coveted bbcor bats in the space: The Easton Mako & DeMarini’s CF.
Either way, it continues to be the bat of choice for some of the most talented baseball players in the nation, and if you’re serious about your baseball career – it is a definite must have.