5 Best 2019 BBCOR Bats
Is it too early to decide the best 2019 BBCOR Bats?
But, not really.
It is not a difficult task to find what bats will be on top for highschool/NCAA baseball in 2019. The normal suspects, for sure, will be on the list. Below discusses many of the expected top performers as well as a number of things to look out for in the best BBCOR bats of 2019.
|1||DeMarini CF Insane||$$$$||5/5|
|2||Rawlings Quatro Pro||$$$$||5/5|
|3||Easton ADV 3||$$$$||5/5|
|4||Slugger Meta Prime||$$$$||5/5|
|5||Marucci CAT 8||$$$$||5/5|
Best BBCOR Bats
DeMarini CF Zen & CF Insane
For the best all around bat, we’re going to go with the Easton Ghost. All things considered: Price, Power, Bat Speed, Comfort, and Performance – the Mako rounds all bases.
Now there are some great other choices out there, but the Mako is by far the most well-rounded. This bat is best for anyone looking for the best bang for their buck.
- Competitive price: Not nearly as high as say the CF, the Prime, or the Voodoo.
- Enlarged Barrel: More plate coverage and a bigger sweet spot.
- Thin Handle: Better grip, better wrist mobility.
- Connective Piece: Less vibration and sting, significantly more comfort.
- Low Swing Weight: The bat feels lighter than other bats of its kind such as the CF8 or the Prime 916. So you get more bat speed and more power without sacrificing either for the other.
2. Rawlings Quatro Pro
For those with a tight budget, there are still some great sticks out there. I highly propose the Rawlings 5150. At its price point, it’s very hard to find a bat that can outperform the 5150. Not only that but it’s also a strong contender amongst the high-end choices in the market.
Here are some perks to this bat:
- End-load: This is the only fully aluminum bat that features an end-load while maintaining a low M.O.I. design for faster swing speed. Unique in its own right, the 5150 produces incredible force by combining bat speed and barrel-inclined momentum.
- 5150 Alloy: Regarded by industry experts as the strongest alloy in the game – the 5150 comes hot right out of the wrapper and stiffens with time. Meaning, it comes out game-ready and performs better with the passing of time.
- Large Barrel: Not typical of aluminum bats, the 5150 has an enlarged barrel for better performance at the plate and added power.
- Price Point: Simply the best bat out there for those looking for cheaper alternatives.
3. Easton ADV Project 3
Let’s check them out:
- Swing Speed: The CF8 trumps all power-hitting bats in the bat speed department. This is the factor that led me to choose the CF8 over the other two, seeing as numerous studies show that bat speed is the defining factor when it comes to producing power at the plate.
- Comfort: DeMarini Thermo-Fused this bat which enabled them to reduce virtually all bat sting so hitters can attack the ball confidently at the plate.
- Strongest Barrel: The CF8 features the strongest barrel in the game, period. DeMarini is also able to keep the walls strong at the thinnest points which is the main driving force behind this bat’s success. It promotes blazing bat speed through the zone and optimal power.
I’d choose the CF8 over the Mako XL & the Voodoo Raw any day of the week for those reasons, although that’s not to take away from those two as they’re also great bats.
4. Louisville Slugger’s Meta Prime
This right here is a no-brainer: The DeMarini Voodoo Raw.The Voodoo series is one of the most popular and it’s right now at the top of its game. The competition here wasn’t even close, the Raw wins over all of its kind with relative ease. Here’s some facts:
- End-Load: This bat features a 0.5 oz end-load for greater power-hitting performance at the plate which none of its competitors feature. This is its Unique Selling Point (USP) and the biggest reason for its prowess.
- Extreme Comfort: Much alike the CF8, this bat is thermo-fused which reduces all bat sting on mishit balls and plays can hack at the pitch violently.
- Bryce Harper: The Natural’s bat of choice.
If you’re looking for a hybrid bat ( composite handle / alloy barrel ) this is it. This is the Steph Curry of hybrid bats.
5. Marucci CAT 8
This was another tough decision. Ultimately I went with the Omaha 516 with close runner-up(s) being the Marucci Cat 6, the Rawlings 5150 and theis the go-to aluminum bat of choice of the most of the top baseball programs across the nation. It’s also heavily used in the College World Series. Here’s the quick and dirty:
- Lizard Skin Grip: Branded by many major leaguers as the best grip in the game and heavy favorites of the likes of Big Papi. And yes, it’s incredibly comfortable if I do say so myself.
- Fastest Bat Speed: This is the fastest swing in the game, hands down. Its incredible low swing weight is only rivaled by the CAT 6 but ultimately it comes up short. The Omaha outshines everybody else in this department by a wide margin.
- Incredibly Strong Alloy: Slugger produces some of the strongest alloy material in the game. Comes extremely hot right out of the wrapper and ready for game use.
6. Axe Avenge
Easton pioneered and revolutionized the baseball bats market by being the first to introduce an aluminum bat in 1969. Ever since then, they’ve continued to be one of the most innovative bat companies in the industry. They’ve been consistently introducing some of the most groundbreaking bat technology that has allowed them to lead the industry for 4 decades now for high-end sports equipment.
Easton’s most popular bat technology as of 2016 seems to be the TORQ handle. Its USP (unique selling point) is the rotating bat handle which allows hitter to exert greater control through the hitting zone. Another added benefit is the prevention of your wrists “rolling over” or “breaking” prematurely and thus the technology aids you in making solid contact more often.
Essentially, it allows you to get away with smaller mistakes to improve your hitting performance.
But without further ado, let’s get into Easton’s most popular bats for 2016.
Best Cheap BBCOR Bats
Easton makes a great line of inexpnesive BBCOR Bats. We suggest you take a close look at the Easton S400 or S500 if you want to save a few bucks on a new in wrapper bat.
But, if you really want a deal on a cheap BBCOR bat, we suggest you take a stab at eBay pricing in and around October. Bats price out well during those days as demand is so very slow. Another good time to check eBay for a very reasonably priced used bat is in late July to September. Bat vendors usually unload their inventory during these times, driving price down, to make room for next year’s inventory coming in.
If you are looking for a deal on last year’s model, you might like our section on the best BBCOR bats of 2016, 2017 and 2018 below.
Best 2018 BBCOR Bats
There were several fantastic BBCOR bats in 2018. But, the bat that consistently got great ratings across the board for its fantastic feel out of the wrapper, great performance and durability is the 2018 Louisville Slugger 918 Prime.
The bat was a fan favorite. Most liked its Lizard Skin grip and the light swing weight. Of course the bat was not inexpensive, but this is how it goes these days in the BBCOR space. (See the 918 Prime Review)
Best 2017 BBCOR Bats
What is not to love about the 2017 CF Insane? It was the first bat CF type bat to focus on a heavier swing weight. It swung about 10% heavier than the CF Zen versions of the bat. The bat got remarkable ratings, was only in BBCOR and still rakes a lot of dingers even today. Way worth finding, buying, and the hitting balls to the moon with.
See the 2017 CF Insane Review.