The 2016 Easton S2 is one of the quickest swings in baseball. This bat has made a name for itself for being one of the fastest bat speeds amongst all the very top youth baseball bats in the market today.
It is a two piece bat featuring an alloy barrel constructed with Easton’s very own proprietary alloy material and an ultra thin composite handle.
It has a 1.2mm HyperSkin™ Grip, is USSSA 1.15 BPF certified and a -13 weight / length ratio.
The color scheme is pretty sick too, if I do say so myself.
With that said, let’s get into the specs.
Easton S2 Bat Technology
- Hyperlite Matrix Alloy
- Easton’s Hyperlite Matrix Alloy barrel is strengthened with every swing and comes extremely hot right out of the wrapper.
- This construction also makes it possible for an enlarged and enhanced sweet spot for greater hitting performance at the plate.
- The alloy barrel also maximizes energy transfer at contact for greater launch speeds and power.
- SIC Black Carbon Composite Handle
- The SIC™ composite handle dampens the sting of the bat for better comfort and feel. It also directs additional energy into the barrel to work in conjunction with the Hyperlite Alloy.
- This is an essential piece as this bat does not feature Easton’s CXN piece at the center of the bat which also aims to eliminate feedback and improve feel.
- HyperSkin™ Grip
- The Hyperskin Grip is designed for better feel, grip strength and the textured surface allows players to exert greater power, speed and control over their swing.
Overall, it’s easy to see why this bat is one of the most popular amongst younger players. It has great pop, amazing feel, greater comfort, and an even better bat speed.
Designed with a low M.O.I., this bat is fully equipped to blaze through the hitting zone and send baseballs over the fence. Let us know what you think and we hope you liked this review.