DeMarini Voodoo Raw -5
The 2016 DeMarini Voodoo Raw was one of the most highly awaited bats this year and it’s one of the hottest senior league bats in the market. DeMarini did a great job with their marketing department in hyping up the release of this bat.
As such, it was then awaited with some lofty expectations.
Used by many of the top baseball programs across the nation, the Voodoo series is greater for players looking for fast bat speed, maximum strength, pop and increased durability.
It’s a two piece hybrid construction bat, part alloy and part composite, with a 2 5/8″ barrel, a drop 5 weight / length ratio is USSSA 1.15 BPF Certified.
With that said, let’s crack into the bat specs.
DeMarini Voodoo Raw Bat Technology
- X12™ Alloy Barrel
- An improvement from last year’s X10 Alloy which creates for a stronger and much stiffer bat.
- Following last year’s success, DeMarini didn’t focus so much on improving mechanical aspects of the bat, but rather doubling down on the successful aspects of this bat.
- What this means is that you won’t see many new changes in the overall “physique” of the bat, rather you will notice major improvements in its performance and technology.
- ThermoFused Taper
- Again, refining its “Flame Tempered” treatment, DeMarini focused on improving the energy maintenance within the bat to allow players to enjoy greater hitting success by improving their comfort and feel at the plate.
- This process now reduces further vibration and sting so players can attack with power without having to worry about the annoying bat sting of a mishit ball.
- D-Fusion 2.0 Handle
- Again, last year’s D-Fusion handle saw a major improvement this year in protecting the hitter’s hands as well as providing a strong levels for players to pull the bat with.
- Low Pro End Cap
- Not much changed here, it stills gives players a very smooth and balanced swing for optimal hitting performance.
- Its job is to create comfort, feel and balance at the plate while working in conjunction with the handle and the barrel of the bat. Last year this piece performed very well, so there haven’t been any major changes as of yet.
- RCK™ knob
- The RCK Knob was slightly improved from last year’s version in order to fit players’ hands even better. This also adds to the comfort and feel of the bat.
This bat will be a great purchase for anyone who’s willing to take their baseball career seriously.