DeMarini Voodoo Overlord
The DeMarini Voodoo Overlord burst onto the scene in 2015 and it quickly became one of the premiere BBCOR Bats. It has now been succeeded by the DeMarini Voodoo Raw which established itself as one of the 2016 best bbcor bats.
Regardless, the Overlord continues to be a heavy favorite within the DeMarini Voodoo family.
It’s one of the most powerful bats in the industry and the bat of choice of many elite baseball programs all across the nation. This bat comes with various upgrades from the 2014 Paradox which we’ll be talking about in a second.
Being one of the most highly touted bats in the market, the price tag does follow suit. Fortunately we were able to Find The Best Pricing Here for our readership.
With that said, let’s get into some of the specs and see what makes this bat so powerful.
DeMarini Voodoo Overlord Bat Technology
- Paradox Plus Composite Barrel
- The Paradox+, proprietary of DeMarini is responsible for the lightning fast bat speed and the amount of pop this bat produces.
- This is also responsible for creating a trampoline effect at the point of contact where the energy transfer in the barrel of the bat is used in a better fashion.
- Put these two elements together and you’re bound to send baseballs screaming all over the outfield with relative ease.
- D-Fusion FT Handle
- The D-Fusion handle also aids in the redirection of energy within the barrel of the bat as mentioned before, but this mechanism also relieves bat sting and feedback at contact.
- With this technology integrated, players can swing confidently without having to think twice about hacking at the ball and risk getting jammed on an inside pitch.
- This mental ease aids at the plate where players can drop bombs consistently.
- The FT (flame tempered)
- The FT Treatment also aids in reducing bat sting, working together the FT-infused Handle virtually eliminates all feedback from the equation.
- Low Pro End Cap
- The Low Pro end cap is implemented in the bat to provide players with a more balanced and stable swing. This technology is utilized for optimal feel and comfort at the plate.
- Also this bat maintains an end-loaded weight of 0.5 oz.
- RCK Knob
- The RCK Knob was designed by DeMarini to fit the human hand more comfortably and thus provide players with an optimal hitting experience.
Overall, this bat was designed in order to maximize the potential of the players by:
- Increasing comfort
- Maximizing pop
- Optimizing bat speed
- Eliminating feedback
- Looking cool as shit
- Providing an enhanced sweet spot
- Dropping bombs
Definitely a can’t-miss with this bat, even though this term is frowned upon in the baseball world.