2017 Rawlings Quatro Review
If you are looking for a high quality composite BBCOR bat, the 2017 Rawlings Quatro may be the ideal item for your needs. This bat has been constructed to address the needs of a wide array of baseball players (click here to see Best BBCOR Bats of 2017). Versatile and well-made, Quatro has quickly gained fans since its release in August 2016.
Having detailed information about the characteristics and the technical specs of the bat will be one of the keys to figuring out whether it’s the right one for you. The following review will give you all of the information in a synthesized and easy to go through form.
2017 Rawlings Quatro Overview
As already mentioned, the Quatro BBCOR bat is a 100 percent composite piece that comes with a carbon fiber reinforced barrel. The material is needed to increase the pop and maximize the distance that the ball is going to travel.
This is the first fully-composite BBCOR bat by Rawlings. According to the company’s official announcement, it dedicated sufficient amounts of time to perfecting the design prior to releasing this brand new item. The bat features optimal flex between the handle and the barrel – a design specific that enhances the ball speed upon contact even further.
Apart from these essentials, the 2017 Rawlings Quatro has several additional technical specs worth mentioning:
- A -3 length to weight ratio
- 2 5/8 inch barrel diameter
- Balanced swing weight
- Quatro collar that absorbs vibrations and deflects any sting
- Tru-View technology
- Vibration dampening technology
- A 12-month manufacturer warranty
The number of customer reviews about the brand new 2017 Rawlings Quatro BBCOR bat is still limited due to the fact that the item was launched recently. Still, a few people have had a chance to test the bat and share their positive experiences with the rest of the world:
- Very balanced: even hitters who don’t usually go for composite bats were impressed by the way that Rawlings Quatro feels. The bat is characterized by excellent swing balance and a relatively big sweet spot.
- Lightweight: the lightness of the bat is one of the biggest advantages of composite pieces of equipment. This BBCOR bat doesn’t disappoint – it feels both well-made and particularly lightweight.
- No vibration: the vibration dampening technology does its job excellently. Hitters reported that even when the impact was closer to the handle than usual, the bat still did an excellent job and the vibration was properly absorbed.
- Excellent grip: the grip feels solid and it allows for better control throughout the game.
- Excellent pop: this one doesn’t really need a lot of explanation – the bat features an impressive pop because of the carbon fiber reinforced barrel.
A Few Shortcomings
While the quality of Rawlings BBCOR bats has been acknowledged by baseball enthusiasts from all parts of the world, the company’s equipment may still come with a couple of shortcomings. Here are several of the most prominent 2017 Rawlings Quatro cons:
- Expensive: the composite bat is expensive in comparison to other BBCOR varieties. It’s best for high-promise players. If you’re about to buy a bat for a younger player, you may want to consider more affordable options.
- The market features comparable and less expensive bats: several reviewers have reported that the market does feature a number of comparable BBCOR bats by Easton and DeMarini. In some instances, these alternatives are much more affordable than the brand new Rawlings development.
- Mostly suitable for players in need of a light swing: some older players and power hitters haven’t been too impressed with this one, regardless of the fact that Rawlings claims the bat is a versatile one.
Rawlings bats do deserve praise for their clean designs and the innovations that the company introduces. The 2017 Rawlings Quatro is a beautiful and functional composite bad. Obviously, it’s not the right pick for every single player. If you’re looking for a light swing and you like composite bats, you will love the “glowstick” (a name that’s being used affectionately for the Rawlings bat).
The biggest downside is the high price tag. Still, most players that bought and used the bat were happy with its quality and the way in which it enhanced their swing. Unless the high price is bothering you, chances are that you’ll love what Rawlings has brought to the table.