2017 Easton Z-Core Hybrid Review
Hybrid construction two-piece bats are gaining more and more prominence because of the performance enhancements that these bring to the table. Unfortunately, such pieces of equipment can be quite costly.
If you are looking for a reasonably priced and well-made hybrid BBCOR bat, you should consider Easton Z-Core Hybrid. The 2017 edition of the bat brags a couple of great innovations that boost the appeal of the product even further (click here to see Best BBCOR Bats of 2017).
Easton Z-Core Hybrid an Overview
The 2017 Easton Z-Core Hybrid features a barrel made of Easton’s exclusive hyperlite matrix (HMX). The alloy is both lightweight and very durable. The internal Z-Core technology increases the sweet spot and reduces the weight of the bat even further. According to the official presentation by the manufacturer, this is the bat featuring the longest aluminum BBCOR barrel in the world of college baseball.
The combination of HMX and Z-Core produces a huge hitting surface that will obviously enhance the performance of the player and increase ping.
Since this is a hybrid item, the handle is made of SIC black carbon composite. Lightweight and easy to grip, the material will give every single player more confidence and power. In addition, the material is recognized for its ability to reduce vibrations significantly.
Several other Easton Z-Core Hybrid characteristics worth mentioning include:
- -3 length to weight ratio
- 2 5/8 inch diameter of the barrel
- Hyperskin grip that enhances the grip of the player
- ConneXion technology by Easton that leads to major vibration reduction
- End-loaded swing weight
- The second highest swing weight index in 2017 BBCOR Power Brigade by Easton
- 12-month manufacturer warranty
This bat has a big number of positive characteristics that enhance the skills of the player and lead to a much better performance. The most important advantages mentioned in buyer testimonials include:
- The construction: the combination of Easton’s HMX barrel and the black carbon handle produces a high quality, durable and lightweight BBCOR bat. Both of the materials used have been chosen cleverly to maximize performance.
- Impressive barrel size: obviously, the barrel size is an important characteristic for serious high school players. Easton Z-Core Hybrid delivers a massive barrel in comparison to other BBCOR bats.
- Reasonable price: hybrid and two-piece bats are usually some of the costliest pieces of equipment on the market. The Z-Core Hybrid comes with an excellent price to quality ratio.
- End-loaded feel: for some players, the end-loaded feel of the bat is a massive advantage. Z-Core Hybrid is also characterized by an excellent pop.
A Few Shortcomings
Let’s also take a look at the Z-Core Hybrid shortcomings. The disadvantages aren’t that many but you should definitely explore the ways in which the product misses the mark prior to making a purchase:
- Weight of swing: the market does feature a couple of light swing hybrid bats that offer a better performance than the Easton Z-Core Hybrid (these items, however, may come with a higher price tag).
- Very similar to the 2016 edition: Easton hasn’t made that many changes from the 2016 edition of its hybrid bat. If you are looking for a more affordable option, you can go for the 2016 model and you will not regret the decision.
There aren’t that many reviews about the product yet and it’s difficult to find additional information based on actual experiences. The good news is that the shortcomings don’t really interfere with the performance of the bat. The bad news is that the 2017 hybrid by Easton doesn’t offer that many improvements on top of what the 2016 bat featured.
The combination of an aluminum barrel and a composite handle brings together the best of both worlds. This is the main reason why hybrid bats have been gaining prominence over the past few years. The 2017 Easton Z-Core Hybrid is an excellent example of why such equipment is continuously gaining fans among baseball players.
While it is a bit more expensive than other high quality Easton bats, this hybrid item does bring a lot to the table. There aren’t too many shortcomings and if you feel comfortable with the product’s price range and dimensions, you should definitely give it a try.